On 07/07/2020, The Dragon Offering Ceremony (Offering on the rafters) took place at Saigon Exhibition and Convention Center SECC, phase 2, exhibition hall B.
Exhibitor B with the scale of building an exhibition hall with a capacity of 475 standard exhibition stands and accompanying services of international standards. Exhibition hall B with a total construction area of 33,071 m2, including 3 floors for conferences and exhibitions and 1 basement for engineering and parking, connected to exhibition hall A.
Hall B, when completed, will increase SECC’s total indoor exhibition area to 18,000 m2, equivalent to 1,000 standard booths and many other international standard facilities.
- The project is expected to be put into operation in June 2021.
- The goal is that when Exhibitor A and Exhibitor B are put into operation synchronously, the total annual revenue is over VND 1,000 billion, serving millions of MICE customers to Ho Chi Minh City and Vietnam.
- Saigon Exhibition and Convention Joint Venture Company is a joint venture between Saigon Tourism Corporation (Saigontourist) and Phu My Hung Development Company Limited (Phu My Hung), in which Saigontourist accounts for 60% of contributed capital, Phu My Hung and Phu My Hung Development Co., Ltd. My Hung accounted for 40% of the capital contribution to build the Saigon Exhibition and Convention Center (SECC).
- Up to now, SECC is the only place in the country and one of the exhibition halls of Southeast Asia that meets international standards in terms of engineering, construction and space of the exhibition industry
- Saigon Exhibition and Convention Center phase 2 – Exhibitor B is invested by Saigon Exhibition and Convention Joint Venture Company.
- The joint venture between Dai Dung Trading Steel Structure Construction Mechanical Joint Stock Company and Hoa Binh Construction Group is the main contractor to execute the main construction package from foundation structure to roof, construction time is 465 days.
- Project: Saigon Exhibition and Convention Center, phase 2, exhibition B.
- Investor: Saigon Exhibition and Convention Joint Venture Company.
- Construction Contractor: Dai Dung Trading Construction Mechanical Joint Stock Company and Hoa Binh Construction Group Joint Stock Company.
- Location: 799 Nguyen Van Linh, Tan Phu Ward, District 7, HCMC.
- Year: 2020
- Roof area: 12,400 m2.
- Structural construction progress time: 395 days
- Weight: 1,770 tons